We are growing!
TherapyWorks by Angela Hill LLC is looking for a part-time Licensed Mental Health Therapist for the Odenton, Maryland location.
THERAPIST JOB SUMMARY
Therapist will help clients manage and overcome mental and emotional issues. The candidate will listen to patients and ask questions to help understand their problems and develop strategies to improve their lives. Therapist will diagnose, treat, and help patients create coping strategies. Will counsel, listen, support, and monitor patient for progress. Therapist will work with individuals and groups, and will help provide community resources to patients. Ability to manage your own schedule and patients will be provided. Billing and scheduling also provided!
THERAPIST DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnosing patient mental and emotional disorders
- Working and counseling groups and individual patients
- Evaluating patients through conversations, interviews, and observations to determine correct testing, examination, and/or treatment
- Developing a treatment plan that may include counseling, medication, or other services
- Setting patient goals and discussing treatment plan
- Encouraging, supporting, and listening to patients
- Helping patients discuss experiences and emotions
- Assisting patients through difficult life changes and challenges
- Educating patient on strategies and coping skills
- Referring patients to resources like psychiatrists, treatment facilities, or community services
- Accessing patient needs, and developing strategies to help patient
- Maintaining good working relationships with support networks, government resources, and community resources
- Advising and guiding patients through difficult decisions
- Helping patients with a variety of issues such as substance abuse, bullying, anger management, depression, relationships, stress, and suicide.
- Possess superb written and spoken communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with patients, colleagues, and community resources
- Compassionate and caring of patients
- Excellent time management skills; organized and able to prioritize
- Positive attitude, self-directed, and self-motivated
- Master's degree in psychology, clinical mental health counseling, marriage and family therapy, or a related mental health field from a school accredited by the Counsel for Accreditation of Counseling & Related Educational Programs (CACREP)
- Hold license to perform in the state of Maryland to practice mental health counseling
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to work on designated days (at least two days during the week) and some Saturdays
- Ability to work independently with case consultation provided
- Ability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week with some hours on Saturdays
Please submit resume along with two personal and two professional references required
email@example.com or 301-971-4086 (fax and phone)
Background and licensed check with be required as well.